1st January 2017
How many new homes will you be selling in 2017?
Firstly, on behalf of myself and my colleagues may we wish you and your families a very Happy New Year and we hope that 2017 gives you everything you hope for.
For all estate agents, the new year brings lots of hope and anticipation for the year ahead – business plans have been written, numbers assessed, marketing plans considered, market share stats analysed, however let’s be honest in simple terms, your year, turnover, profit and growth will be determined by new listings and getting your fair share of the opportunities out there and actually selling and letting what you take on, so how good are your people and how robust is your plan especially if a curve ball gets thrown.
Let me put you in the shoes of those agents who will be opening their doors in 2017, who have their fair share of the new homes opportunities in their areas to sell this year. Not only will they be selling the new build units, they will also be getting all the spin off business including part exchanges, visitors to site with houses to sell, buy to let landlords who need to rent their new purchases out and the list goes on.
Can you begin to imagine how it would feel to have a stream of instructions that you had a greater visibility of and guaranteed for this year and the years to come? Just imagine the plans you could make for growth of your business, let alone all those investor sales on apartments which could be growing your managed rental portfolio and adding considerable value to your business.
There’s no doubt that a Land & New Homes operation is now the big growth area for a modern estate agency and one that very firmly differentiates compared to all the spin and hype surrounding the competition from the internet only agents.
So, if you want to get a piece of the action, then get yourself a plan together quickly – here are a few pointers;
- Track the planning applications from the last 3 years – there are lots of sites still not built – maybe those landowners could be tempted to sell the sites with consents. Since the launch of the Land & New Homes Network on 28th June 16 – our members have identified approx. 4200 unbuilt consented sites and have handled 47 acquisitions/disposals worth over £117.5million.
- Demonstrate you are the local expert – believe it or not, the reason most agents miss out on new homes instructions is simply that they don’t know how to differentiate between second hand values and new builds – do your homework and deliver pricing in a consistent way and develop a new homes culture across your whole business.
- Identify the key house builders for your area – don’t waste your time trying to build relationships with house builders who aren’t agent friendly and likewise look to develop long meaningful relationships and feed the land opportunities to those house builders who will happily work with agents. If you have Land, it’s probably the only time in a transaction with a house builder that you have a “Tradeable”. Our members have worked with a leading business coach this year who focuses heavily on the art of negotiation when you have tradeables and have benefited hugely from this.
Many of our members this time last year, didn’t have a Land & New Homes plan, however here are a few of the numbers achieved in only a 6-month period across our network;
- Provided pricing to house builders on projects totalling over £3.9 billion.
- Secured new business worth over £8.7million in fees
- Handled 47 land disposals/acquisitions
- Secured 840 lettings instructions from new build BTL buyers
If you’re serious about growing your business and tapping into the new homes opportunities, then let’s have a chat. You can get in touch by calling us on 01672 556310 or visit our website www.lnhnetwork.co.uk.
The Land & New Homes Network works with non-competing market leading estate agents who all work collaboratively.
Overwhelmed! Seriously, such a lot of valuable and well presented material
What’s best about the Land & New Homes Network? The firepower it brings, and the confidence it gives you. I really can’t praise it enough.
Very informative day, loads of knowledge passed on, the business has been very carefully planned and organised.
A fantastic business that delivers everything it promises a no brainier for good independent Estate Agents
Thank you for a brilliant day it was amazing. I love your attention to detail this comes across very strongly in the way you do everything.
An excellent workshop. Top tip to be implemented straight away – identify developments to promote our rentals team.
Great insight and fantastic support!
Very professional, enthusiastic with a real drive and determination to succeed. Installed belief in us from day one in Land and New Homes and the benefits to our company.
Land & New Homes Network have helped me and my business take it to another level over the last year. The support from the whole team has been greatly appreciated with Kevin & Ian always on hand. I would recommend other forward-thinking agents to consider the network as a large part of their business. It’s not gift-wrapped for you, but the support, collateral, and connections give you an opportunity to make it a real success.
Well structured course. Top tip to be implemented straight away – tracking planning applications.
I have been working with Kevin as a member of The Land and New Network since October 2017. I have found his advice and guidance to be second to none. Through Kevin’s insight and advice Orchid have started to build a strong land and new homes division. Kevin is a true professional in his field.
Always provides key improvements to our business. Thanks as always.
I have worked with the Land & New Homes Network for a couple of years now. Their advice & guidance during this time has been invaluable and inspirational and I have no hesitation in recommending them.
It is a great vehicle for learning new ways how to expand our land and new homes division.
Thanks for your email outlining the next content for the iQ folder. I’ve received the hard copies in today’s post and have to say I am very impressed with all the new material you guys are producing for us members.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
We produce a regular email that's packed full of incisive comment and industry news.