16th August 2016
Power of the Pitch
This week will see another five Land & New Homes Network members pitching for new homes developments using our latest addition to the Members Hub – “The Master Pitch Template”.
The pitching and winning of new business is a core part of our members Induction Day. Designed by our friends at Workbrands and consistent with the high standard of all of our designed material that is exclusive to our members, this document seems to be one of the most sought after items in our packed cupboard of goodies.
So why all the fuss – well put simply as every agent who we’ve engaged with so far has confirmed, their previous attempts to produce a document have fallen well short in comparison – to the point that they’ve either been very lucky to win an instruction or missed out all together because they didn’t have a structure and just went into typical Estate Agent mode of “We’re great” “We’ve got market share” “Top 10 reasons why to use us” with little regard or understanding of what the house builder wants.
So what should the ideal pitch document include – well clearly we aren’t going to share all our secrets, however the basics are really quite straightforward and shouldn’t be clouded;
- Firstly there is absolutely no point producing a pitch unless you know the brief, otherwise your document will be filled with assumptions – much better to ask the developers what their expectations are; ie will you need to put staff on site, how many days will that be, what marketing budget do you need to set aside, what are the developers sales rate expectations – the list goes on…..
- Demonstrate you understand the site and the product that the house builder is spending hundreds of thousands of pounds developing.
- Share strong local information – the house builder is asking you to pitch because of your local expertise – convey that knowledge – don’t assume they know it all. Very often the information you share will be hugely valuable to a marketing director who needs to brief the marketing collateral.
- With the weather being so good, get out and build a library of high quality images which reflect the locations you cover and pictures that might be considered aspirational – maybe it is the Waitrose supermarket or the David Lloyd Gym or the really expensive golf course – you will be glad you went to the effort now when you get asked to produced a document in January and the UK doesn’t look at its finest.
- Present a suggested strategy – not just the usual, window displays, portal listing etc – be imaginative – be bold – be different and most importantly be memorable with your ideas.
- Know the numbers – if they need 6 sales per month net, in reality that might need 8 gross, every month of the year – how sustainable is that through your databases and hard work or what more might be required to ensure those numbers are achieved – maybe bigger marketing budget!
- Avoid including fees – use this as your conversation/negotiation piece – you can’t possibly commit to a fee unless you know what is expected of you – so if you’ve not got the detailed brief at the outset – don’t include.
Pleasingly those agents that used our Member Resources last week, secured 4 major instructions with a combined 470 units. Better still, the feedback from the house builders without exception was – “we weren’t expecting that“. Rightly so, we’re feeling pretty chuffed for those members.
Due to the intuitive nature of our Members Hub which is packed with branded templates for each of our members, all of the resources are easily accessible, editable and easy to download into a print ready format, therefore saving our members thousands of pounds in graphic design fees.
For further information on the availability of membership in your areas and our forthcoming New Members Induction and Masterclass Days, please get in touch.
Very professional, enthusiastic with a real drive and determination to succeed. Installed belief in us from day one in Land and New Homes and the benefits to our company.
What’s best about the Land & New Homes Network? The firepower it brings, and the confidence it gives you. I really can’t praise it enough.
Well structured course. Top tip to be implemented straight away – tracking planning applications.
I have worked with the Land & New Homes Network for a couple of years now. Their advice & guidance during this time has been invaluable and inspirational and I have no hesitation in recommending them.
A fantastic business that delivers everything it promises a no brainier for good independent Estate Agents
It is a great vehicle for learning new ways how to expand our land and new homes division.
An excellent workshop. Top tip to be implemented straight away – identify developments to promote our rentals team.
Thanks for your email outlining the next content for the iQ folder. I’ve received the hard copies in today’s post and have to say I am very impressed with all the new material you guys are producing for us members.
Land & New Homes Network have helped me and my business take it to another level over the last year. The support from the whole team has been greatly appreciated with Kevin & Ian always on hand. I would recommend other forward-thinking agents to consider the network as a large part of their business. It’s not gift-wrapped for you, but the support, collateral, and connections give you an opportunity to make it a real success.
Great insight and fantastic support!
Thank you for a brilliant day it was amazing. I love your attention to detail this comes across very strongly in the way you do everything.
Overwhelmed! Seriously, such a lot of valuable and well presented material
Always provides key improvements to our business. Thanks as always.
I have been working with Kevin as a member of The Land and New Network since October 2017. I have found his advice and guidance to be second to none. Through Kevin’s insight and advice Orchid have started to build a strong land and new homes division. Kevin is a true professional in his field.
Very informative day, loads of knowledge passed on, the business has been very carefully planned and organised.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter
We produce a regular email that's packed full of incisive comment and industry news.